I am (was) in the transcription portion of the Medical Transcription course.After a break due to moving, I just discovered today (by looking for an answer key to a transcription assignment online) that the VLC does not exist anymore.

I have all my receipts, assignments, and grades printed out in a binder. I'm shocked, angry and want my money back. I paid $873.95 on February 19th of 2009 for the MT Course-Expert Certificate. I spent almost an entire year studying medical terminology while juggling 5 kids and hectic family schedules only to find that what I was working towards is nonexistent.

You'd better believe I'm pissed. I won't be taking any online courses again unless it's part of an accredited college or university.

I'd like any info anyone has as well.kaghoppe@comcast.net

Had an Experience with VLC?

Comments

Wow!You all didn't pay that much at all.

I'm sorry you were robbed out of your money and did not complete it, that is just so wrong on many levels. I payed almost 2,000 for my course. It took me a year to finish as I was working 12-hour days at my factory job that was moving to Mexico. I landed a job at a company nearby for six months and then finally accepted to work from home after several hundred resumes being sent out.

I have now been working from home from the same company for 10 years now. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Is there any way to find out if there is a court order from multiple clients ordering them to pay clients back?

This is the first I'm hearing of it closing, but then again it has been many years since I gone there.Sorry again :(

I just happened to do a search for this school to find out what the latest was.I did hear the school had closed at one point and reopened under new management.

I graduated with VLC in August 2003 in only 8 months' time. I keep reading so many who take long breaks, like 2 or more years-- a huge no no IMO. I'm so sorry to hear of so many that were unable to complete the course due to school closing and losing their money. I also read someone graduated a couple years ago and has yet to find a job.

I landed a job a week out of school and am now working for my current company just over 3 years typing ER for a hospital in NC bringing home net pay $3000+/month (and climbing), full-time status. I think those having trouble finding employment need to blame themselves rather than the course itself if you're not passing the tests.

Again, so sorry to those who were unable to complete the course and lost your money.Just unacceptable.

I PAID $990.00 ON 11/27/09 FOR THE MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION COURSE WITH THE VIRTUAL LEARNING CENTER (VLC).I BEGAN THE COURSE AND LATER TOOK A BREAK.

WHEN I TRIED TO RESUME MY COURSE, THE WEBSITE, E-MAIL OR PHONE NUMBER DID NOT WORK. $990 IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR ME AND I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET MY CERTIFICATION. THEIR TOLL FREE # 866-539-1901 DOES NOT WORK. THEIR E-MAIL SUPPORT@THEVLC.COM DOES NOT WORK EITHER.

PLEASE HELP.

Damage Resulting = LOST MONEY AND AM NOT ABLE TO GET CERTIFIED.CAN\'T DO ANYTHING WITH THE COURSE MATERIALS SINCE CANNOT GET CERTIFIED WITH ANOTHER SCHOOL USING VLC\'S MATERIALS.